Sunday, November 22, 2009

Swine Flu and Slippers in School

So, today I'd like to start by saying that it's a miracle thus far that I haven't caught the swine flu. I have now been in direct contact with 3 people that had it, and am still (as far as I know) healthy as a bean. I hope beans are healthy, because that would be a poor analogy otherwise. Anyway, last Tuesday I got an email informing me that my roommate was prescribed medicine for the swine flu and that I needed to go buy a mask and move out of my room for the week. So I did so, and I moved into a room with a broken shower and barely any heat (in fact no heat on the first two days I lived there). It's been an interesting week to say the least! The girl I teach piano to also has swine flu, and my friend and Bible study leader found out Friday that he has it as well. Awesome. So, I'm staying away from it with all my might! So far so good! I feel like I've been cautious about it, but I haven't become a germaphobe or anything. Maybe I'm not cautious enough, I don't know, but I guess since I'm still living healthy, I'm doing something right!

Also, I have to make it known how much I love the whole "wear slippers in school" thing. During the summer I hated it, because it was just more hassle at the door. But now, while it's winter and cold on the way to school, it's awesome. I can wear my snow boots or tennis shoes to school in the morning, and then put on my school slippers from there. This is really convenient when I don't have to "look dressy" anywhere after school. Also, everyone wears crazy colors and patterns of socks. Your socks don't have to match what you're wearing at all! So the other day I wore bright pink socks that said "Wednesday" on them...it was Friday. Needless to say at this point, what used to seem like an extra task at the beginning of my day has now become a blessing to me-getting to wear whatever shoes I darn well please at the beginning and end of each day!

So I hope this finds you readers out there well. I know I haven't written much this month. I've been a bit ADD and I've also been a bit captivated by some Korean dramas online, lol. Pitiful excuse, I know, but it....helps me learn the language and the culture. Yeah. That's it. Lol. Anyway, one of the shows is kind of Alias-esque in nature, all about secret agencies and what not. Then the other show is kind of a childish one, but it's fun to watch. Anyway, I'll be trying to get on here more in order to keep you faithful readers updated on my life! Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment