Tuesday, September 15, 2009

You're for me and I'm for him...

Haha...as I sit here and think about what to write on my blog, my co-teacher's phone rings in his desk. It says "You're for me and I'm for him. She's for him and something something something...that's the way the story goOOOES." Ha. And it sounds like a jingle...like maybe something you'd see on a commercial in the 1950's perhaps? All I know is that whenever it rings, I get a big smile across my face, because it makes me laugh like nobody's business.

So, yesterday was a very up and down sort of a day. It's funny how those kind of days can just stick out in your mind...I'll probably never forget that classes 7,8 and 3,4 made me SO angry one time. Yesterday I just couldn't get control of these two classes. Now, I could talk about the fact that I think a lot of it has to do with who my co-teacher is (as I don't have NEAR this many problems in any other teacher's class), but I'm not going to do that. I am just going to say that those two classes yesterday were the kind of classes that make you question why you teach. Don't get me wrong...I KNOW why I teach. I know that I love to teach but geeze, somedays. And do you know what the hardest part about having an abnoxious class is here? You can't have the "I'm disappointed in you" speech. I mean, you could have it, but it wouldn't be effective like it would be in America. Why? Well, because the "I'm disappointed in you" speech kind of uses a lot of bigger words. You know, disappointed...expectations...respect...those kinds of big words. :P So, my kids don't have a clue what I'm saying and just zone out if I try that. So yesterday, I got to the point where the only other thing I could do punishment-wise was hit the kid, and I wasn't gonna do that (although it would've been completely accepted here), so I just reached my point of frustration.

There. Now that I have that out of my system, I can talk about the good parts of yesterday! Weeeeee! So, a teacher who NEVER speaks to me spoke to me yesterday, in English! I was pretty stoked about that. It's always fun when someone new works up the courage to talk to you in English. It makes you feel like they care to talk to you that much because they are going WAY out of their comfort zone by speaking that language to a native speaker. It takes guts amongst the adults. So I was pretty excited when that happened! Also, I had Bible Study tonight. I just have to say that I love Bible study. My reason is that it's people that I don't get to see that often, and even if I do see them, I get to see them in a new light. So much of our lives here together with foreigners is witty humor and such since we don't get to do that in our everyday conversation. So it's nice to have time where we intentionally dig deeper into the Bible to really discuss it and get something out of it. Plus it's a study on the Old Testament which is a total challenge for me. Aside from Psalms, I never willingly read the OT. I stick to the newer stuff. So this is a total challenge for me, but it's fun to read it through new eyes and really get something useful out of it. THen of course after Bible study a few of us went to coffee. I do love myself some coffee!! (good thing I don't teach my kids to talk like that!) So, coffee and good conversation is always a plus, and a great way to end a day! Speaking of ending, I'm going to end this entry so you all don't start dozing off. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment